Tips for a Budget Friendly Dream Honeymoon
With so many amazing places all over the world, it can be hard to narrow down where to go for your honeymoon. Travel can get expensive too, especially when you look to combine airfare, hotel fees, food, spending money, and the cost for excursions and other activities. Thankfully, it is possible to create a dream honeymoon without taking out a mortgage.
Quick tips to save money while creating the honeymoon you always dreamed of
The key to saving money on your honeymoon is to either plan far in advance or plan it last minute. We’ll save the topic of last-minute honeymoons for another day. If you have time in your favor and can plan in advance, consider these suggestions.
- Align on your priorities. Make sure that you work together to narrow down what it is that you want to accomplish on your honeymoon. This will help you to narrow down your options and will keep you from staring at a world map in confusion and horror. Some honeymooners want something quiet and quaint where they can spend time together, away from the hustle and bustle. Others are looking at a honeymoon as an opportunity for adventure and exploration. Whatever it is that you want to do, take time to get aligned as it will make the next steps much easier.
- Experiences over things. Tody’s bridal registries offer convenience in that couples can ask for cash or funding to apply to a new home, or even to their honeymoon. While things are often needed to set up a new home, many couples prefer the opportunity to get funds for trips, and then fund their home purchases later.
- All-inclusive is exclusive. If you don’t like hidden costs and want to know exactly what you are going to spend before you arrive, look for all-inclusive opportunities. Many resorts all over the world offer all-inclusive packages that account for food, beverages including liquor, and even access to resort amenities and activities all for no additional fee.
- Real-life travel agents are often better than the internet – Though you absolutely can book a honeymoon online, travel agents can often extend certain discounts to you that you might not find on your own. Not only that, but they can also provide guidance on up and coming destinations, as well as places that you may never have thought of, that you can experience at a great price.
- Suites aren’t all that they are cracked up to be. Though of course, you want your honeymoon to be amazing, save your money for experiences outside of the hotel. You should stay at the nicest hotel you can, but don’t waste your money on an upgraded room. If you are going to be in your room, you’ll likely be busy with other activities that won’t have you admiring the couch. And if your plan is to get out and explore, then you won’t be in your room that much anyway.
- Turn your honeymoon into a two-fer deal. If you are getting married during peak wedding season (April – September), then it is likely that travel costs will be quite high. Instead of planning an expensive and lengthy vacation right after the wedding, consider a short trip for just a few days, to somewhere within the country that you can get to without much effort. Then, plan a lengthier trip for the down season. This will save you money and will keep you from battling the crowds.
Honeymoons are a special part of marital and wedding events. Don’t let a fear of costs and places turn you away from taking the trip of a lifetime. There are many great places to visit and so many great things to do across the country and throughout the world. With a bit of planning and some leaning on professionals, you can create a budget-friendly honeymoon to remember.